avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANTI-VOTE] Lifecycle Extension Tags
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:17:37 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Calling for a vote is about the least productive thing you could do to
> get consensus.

I agree. Calling a vote is smart though when there you come to the
understanding that it might be best to agree to disagree. That seems to
be the case. Getting *a* decision rather than *the best* decision is
often a good idea in order to move forward. We don't need consensus on
everything. Especially on hairsplitting issues like this.

> I am not even going to bother voting on this vote. This is simply a
> mistake. I will consider it totally invalid and I certainly will not
> feel bound by any outcome.

oh, get a grip already! If you don't feel bound by the outcome of votes,
you don't belong at apache. Stop the confrontational stuff please.

- Leo