avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hugo Burm" <hu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Component not visible from class loader
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:22:50 GMT
Hello,

I am using Avalon framework 4.1.4, and JDK 1.4.1

I have written an Avalon component following the white paper "Developing
with Apache Avalon".
I have written my ContainerComponent that creates a
ExcaliburComponentManager also based on the code in this white paper.
When I contextualize, configure and initialize my manager everything works
OK and the manager instantiates my Avalon component.
But when I am trying to do a lookup of this component I get the exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Component is not visible from class
loader
	at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.getProxyClass(Proxy.java:331)

The problem occurs only when I try to do this (create the container) from my
junit test class started from java main.
When I use exactly the same code, also using my own container, within a
servlet context (Cocoon), the lookup works fine, so it is not a simple type
error in e.g. the name of the role.

I experimented with class loaders but could not found a solution.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hugo Burm

parts from the code:

The problem occurs at the third line below:
  FlowContainer container  = new FlowContainer();
  container.initialize();
  factory = (PersistenceFactory)
container.manager.lookup(survey.PersistenceFactory.ROLE);

The initialize function in the container:
  manager = new ExcaliburComponentManager();
  DefaultConfigurationBuilder builder = new DefaultConfigurationBuilder();
  Configuration conf = builder.buildFromFile("flow.xconf");

this.manager.setLogger(Hierarchy.getDefaultHierarchy().getLoggerFor("documen
t"));
  this.manager.contextualize(new DefaultContext());
  this.manager.configure(conf);
  this.manager.initialize();