avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RRT] Getting back to the basics (long)
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:28:28 GMT
hammett wrote:

> I don't follow your entire message, I don't know about developers
> "protecting code" issue and I suspect it was a "backstage's talk".
>
> But as you wanted opnions I would like to say that I (and I don't know if
> I'm speaking only for myself) don't know how to help. Avalon# for instance
> should be a concrete implementation of a container, or should be the
> framework from which someone will develop a Fortress#, Merlin.net, etc? I
> could claim for a document but I don't believe in this approach. Talking is
> the most clever way of handle issues/doubts.

As to Avalon#/.NET there will be two pieces:

The framework, and the Container.

WIth Avalon# we have a fresh slate to work with, so no legacy issues to
overcome.

> As a personal opnion I think I - and a lot of silent readers - could help
> more, but seems that not everyone would like contributions. To me should be
> great to be part of a team that builds so powerfull projects and I'll be
> proud for each line of code, or each design suggestion that I'd give.

I personally would like your contributions.  If you are more skilled with
the .NET side of the equation, your contributions would be most welcomed.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin