avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ROLE & Lifecycles in C#
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:20:14 GMT
hammett wrote:

>>>Nonsense. I'm from Brazil and I don't see any advantage of use
>
> portuguese to
>
>>>name my methods. Everything else is in english, why my service ou
>
> configure
>
>>>methods should be in portuguese? More: using attributes to define the
>
> "role"
>
>>>or dependency is fine, but use it to define lifecycle method is a bad
>
> idea.
>
>>>This would requires a lot of attributes checking through reflection
>>>resulting - at least - in a poor performance. My opnion: interfaces are
>
> just
>
>>>fine.
>>>
>>>Seems to me that everyones who start a project in .net wants to use
>>>attributes to everything. I used to do that... :-)
>>>
>>>my two cents.
>>
>>Well said.  WIth that argument, let's put the interfaces back in.
>

> What? Wait wait! You should disagree, right?
> I was preparing a list of arguments and personal offenses but now I won't be
> able to use it. ;-)

:P

No, I save disagreement for things I feel strongly about.  The more I was
playing with my idea, the more I was realizing the simplicity of what we
have just works.  It's a good thing.

> I would like to join Avalon# team. The code is available?

The code is available in avalon-sandbox CVS.  You can get it via anonymous
CVS.

To get started, make proposals, diffs, etc.  After a period of time (we try
to give it ~3 months) we will hold a vote to let you become a committer.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin