avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject lifecycle extension checklist
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:12:00 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Extensions became intrinsic to the component deployment model when we
>> voted for the release of the excalibur-extension package (a vote that
>> received your +1).  At that point we said to everyone out there that
>> there is a notion of lifecycle stage extensions in Avalon.  We
>> documented in that release the support for that abstraction in both
>> Merlin and Fortress.  There are simply no issues to solve - this is
>> simply a matter of getting back to a process of collaboration.
>

> I don't buy that reasoning.  Lifecycle extensions (as released) are a
> set of interfaces.  Those interfaces work.  Currently Fortress and
> Merlin have two different ways of addressing how to work with them.  I
> don't think you have been listening to the points I have been raising
> either.

Could you please take a moment to detail any problems you see concerning
stage management.  I have (on at least two occuations) offered to assist
you on this subjet and remain willing to help you out on this.  Perhaps
we can nail down you technical concerns once and for all.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org