avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject [ANTI-VOTE] Lifecycle Extension Tags
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:08:52 GMT

Calling for a vote is about the least productive thing you could do to
get consensus. If you want consensus then address the real issue. That
means addressing the real problems of a container understanding the full
implication of component deployment.

I am not even going to bother voting on this vote. This is simply a
mistake. I will consider it totally invalid and I certainly will not
feel bound by any outcome. Until we recognize and address and solution
to the problem of full and complete description of a components
requirements to a container – we are simply not addressing the real
problem. Either abstract the problem or solve the problem. Calling a
vote is a waste of everyone’s time.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell