avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] AMTAGS Update Step 1
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:45:26 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin:
>
> Thanks for the update. Concerning the phased voting suggestion. I think
> this is unnecessary and may easily lead to inconsitency.  The "partial"
> AMTAGS solution to-date has prevented the utility of tags in a
> multi-container environment. Without a full and complete specification
> we cannot consider the impact of the specification on either container
> interoperability or the development overhead that the tags represent.
>
> How about kicking off with any points you want to raise concerning:
>
>  @context
>  @logger
>  @configuration
>  @stage
>  @extension

I will be happy to do that in another thread.  However, I would like to build
upon the success of updating what we have so far.  Having written many docs,
I find it easier to proof smaller iterations than put everything in and hope
nothing slips by unnoticed.  Consider it a lessons learned from the Developing
with Avalon whitepaper.  For now, is there anything that is incorrect in the way
I updated the document so far?  If so, I would appreciate the feedback.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin