avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AMTAGS] Updating the spec
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:30:27 GMT
Vinay Chandran wrote:

> Folks,
> How about getting <attribute/> tag from
> representing only key value pairs to something
> more expessive(similar to a configuration).
> 'key' should be a mandatory attribute for <attribute/>
> but one could have 'value' as an optional attribute.
> <attribute/> tag can thus along with key+value
> have potential data embedded within.
>
> Syntax(s):-
>
> <!-- A rich attribute -->
> <attribute key="policy" value="can be dummy
> description">

> </attribute>
>
> <!-- indicates presence of an attribute -->
> <attribute key="isTransactional"/>
>
> <!-- present scenario-->
> <attribute key="size" value="small"/>
>
> So o.a.a.meta.info.Descriptor  can provide a means to
> get the raw data out from a contained attribute with
> in
> the descriptor it represents.
> (maybe return a configuration object)

I appreciate what you are driving at, but can we keep the discussion of the
AMTAGS proposal _strictly_ as it is represented in the component source
code?  The serialization aspect can be radically changed, or even localized--
That is why I dislike seeing meta info always referred to as XML markup.  That
is only one way of serializing the information.  Let's keep things focused on
how I as a component developer would mark my javadoc tags.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin