avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Meta Info Reading and Writing
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:33:36 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> Berin:
>>
>> I figure you can do everything you want with the following service.
>>
>>  public interface MetaInfoLocator
>>  {
>>      InputStream getInputStream( Type type, String extension)
>>         throws MetaInfoException;
>>      OutputStream getOutputStream( Type type, String extension)
>>         throws MetaInfoException;
>>  }
>>
>> Can you confirm.  I would like to revert the changes the changes you
>> added asap in favour of defining this as a service under the SPI
>> package.
>

> This approach is workable--

OK

I've moved the MetaInfoLocator interface to the spi package and renamed
it to ResourceLocator (there is nothing about the interface that is
restricted to reading or writing meta-info).  I have also reverted the
changes that impact the Type defintion, creation and writing.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org