avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - excalibur-sourceresolve
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:07:28 GMT
Please either add the proper library dependency to the GUMP descriptor, or
make the compilation optional for that library.

I would prefer a combination.  The more stuff we cram into the SourceResolve
package, the more stuff we force on all users of Fortress.  Perhaps we can
split this into a "core" and "optional" package like ANT does?

Gump Integration Build wrote:

> This email is autogenerated from the output from:
> <http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-07-15/excalibur-sourceresolve.html>
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Caught exception (org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException) while expanding tools.class.path:
/home/rubys/jakarta/avalon/tools/lib not found.

> dependencies:
>
> check-environment:
>
> compile:
>     [mkdir] Created dir: /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/build/classes
>     [javac] Compiling 32 source files to /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/build/classes
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPSClientSourceFactory.java:62:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.Protocol;
>     [javac]                                               ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPSClientSourceFactory.java:63:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SecureProtocolSocketFactory;
>     [javac]                                               ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:74:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.Header;
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:75:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:76:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethod;
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:77:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpStatus;
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:78:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.NameValuePair;
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:79:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.DeleteMethod;
>     [javac]                                              ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:80:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod;
>     [javac]                                              ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:81:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.HeadMethod;
>     [javac]                                              ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:82:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod;
>     [javac]                                              ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:83:
package org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PutMethod;
>     [javac]                                              ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:146:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpClient
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private HttpClient m_client;
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:269:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private HttpMethod getMethod()
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:294:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class PostMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private PostMethod createPostMethod(
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:329:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class GetMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private GetMethod createGetMethod( final String uri )
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:340:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HeadMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private HeadMethod createHeadMethod( final String uri )
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:353:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class PutMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private PutMethod createPutMethod(
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:371:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class DeleteMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private DeleteMethod createDeleteMethod( final String uri )
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:422:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private int executeMethod( final HttpMethod method )
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:442:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private void updateExists( final HttpMethod method )
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:563:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private void updateMimeType( final HttpMethod method )
>     [javac]                                        ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:587:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private void updateContentLength( final HttpMethod method )
>     [javac]                                             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:627:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]     private void updateLastModified( final HttpMethod method )
>     [javac]                                            ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPSClientSourceFactory.java:144:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class Protocol
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPSClientSourceFactory
>     [javac]         final Protocol protocol =
>     [javac]               ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPSClientSourceFactory.java:145:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class Protocol
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPSClientSourceFactory
>     [javac]             new Protocol(
>     [javac]                 ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPSClientSourceFactory.java:147:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class SecureProtocolSocketFactory
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPSClientSourceFactory
>     [javac]                 ( SecureProtocolSocketFactory ) getInstance( factoryName
),
>     [javac]                   ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPSClientSourceFactory.java:150:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable Protocol
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPSClientSourceFactory
>     [javac]         Protocol.registerProtocol( HTTPS, protocol );
>     [javac]         ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:239:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpClient
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         m_client = new HttpClient();
>     [javac]                        ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:298:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class PostMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         final PostMethod post = new PostMethod( uri );
>     [javac]               ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:298:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class PostMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         final PostMethod post = new PostMethod( uri );
>     [javac]                                     ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:316:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class NameValuePair
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]                 post.addParameter( new NameValuePair( name, value ) );
>     [javac]                                        ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:331:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class GetMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         return new GetMethod( uri );
>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:342:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HeadMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         return new HeadMethod( uri );
>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:358:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class PutMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         final PutMethod put = new PutMethod( uri );
>     [javac]               ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:358:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class PutMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         final PutMethod put = new PutMethod( uri );
>     [javac]                                   ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:373:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class DeleteMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         return new DeleteMethod( uri );
>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:389:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]                     final HttpMethod head = createHeadMethod( m_uri );
>     [javac]                           ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:452:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         m_exists = !( response == HttpStatus.SC_GONE ||
>     [javac]                                   ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:453:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]                       response == HttpStatus.SC_NOT_FOUND );
>     [javac]                                   ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:480:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         final HttpMethod method = getMethod();
>     [javac]               ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:591:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class Header
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]             final Header length =
>     [javac]                   ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:629:
cannot resolve symbol
> [...]
);
>     [javac]               ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:758:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HttpMethod
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource.WrappedFileOutputStream
>     [javac]             HttpMethod uploader = null;
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:802:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource.WrappedFileOutputStream
>     [javac]             return response == HttpStatus.SC_OK
>     [javac]                                ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:803:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource.WrappedFileOutputStream
>     [javac]                 || response == HttpStatus.SC_CREATED
>     [javac]                                ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:804:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource.WrappedFileOutputStream
>     [javac]                 || response == HttpStatus.SC_NO_CONTENT;
>     [javac]                                ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:849:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]         return response == HttpStatus.SC_OK
>     [javac]                            ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:850:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]             || response == HttpStatus.SC_ACCEPTED
>     [javac]                            ^
>     [javac] /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java:851:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable HttpStatus
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.HTTPClientSource
>     [javac]             || response == HttpStatus.SC_NO_CONTENT;
>     [javac]                            ^
>     [javac] Note: /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/HTTPClientSource.java
uses or overrides a deprecated API.
>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
>     [javac] 50 errors
>
> BUILD FAILED
> /home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/build.xml:78: Compile failed; see
the compiler error output for details.

> Total time: 5 seconds

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin