avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating Meta Test Cases
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:31:55 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> More detail update:
>>
>>  The current merlin meta-spi package is composed of:
>>
>>       meta/data  <--- subset of model package
>>       meta/info  <--- moved to avalon meta
>>       meta/model <--- being replaced by meta/data
>>                       and the new composiotion/model
>>                       package
>>
>> I have already started moving the test cases you added to meta/model
>> to meta/data.
>>

> I see.  I think.
>
> meta/model -> meta/data && composition/model

The meta/model will dissapear.  Basically the pure directives are being
replaced by equivalent classes in the meta/data package and behavioural
classes are being rewritten under the composition/model package.  The
seperation here is that the pure descriptors are seializable wheras the
model classes are behavioural in that they combine meta-info with
meta-data and a runtime context to produce things like classes and model
relationships.

> meta/info  -> avalon meta
> meta/data  -> meta/data
>
> So I should hold off on more of that work and focus on Avalon meta?

Getting the Avalon meta meta-info package finalized is top of the
agenda.  There are some good arguments for including the directives
(meta/data) into that package, but only after the directive/model
seperation is validated.  Thhere are still some changes I want to
introduce to the data side to make things 100% consistent.

On the subject of Avalon meta package - I've started pulling the
documetation together locally and will commit something when I arrive at
a something the looks usable.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell