avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating Meta Test Cases
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:49:49 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>> Considering its use is limited to only a couple locations--namely the
>> builders/readers would it make better sense to have a
>> ModelBuilderRuntimeException or something like that?  Maybe I am just
>> being too sensitive about that, but having one ModelException gives the
>> impression that it will always be declared--and having a more specific
>> runtime exception closer to the builders gives a more realistic
>> expectation
>> of what is currently happening.
>

> Sounds reasonable.
>
> I've just started migerating things so try avoid apply udates for the
> next hour or two.

itching...  The only useages of the runtime exception are in another
subproject (merlin meta) which reaffirms my belief that it should be
moved closer to the proper location (namely the model.builder package).
That way things will work as expected---and the only thing that would
need to be done is changing the catch clauses (although the catch
clauses in most of the cases in the libraries use the bad practice
of catching Throwable).

BTW, I only have two testcases to write for the meta.model package....

How close are you?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin