avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The Ominous Context
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 05:39:47 GMT

> Only if your context entry has a null construcor.  How are you going to
> diferrentiate between the establishment of a service and the creation of
>  a File instance? If context were removed, we would be forced to declare
>  factories for any "non-component" and that's not an attractive
> proposition.

Well, from the User Components point of view, it is completely irrelevant
of "How" the entry ended up in the ServiceManager's lookup, the container
could very well have a set of hardcoded entries, just like the hardcoded
entries in the Context today. But then I don't get the dependency checks I
am after. I probably would like to see that the entries being exposed for
dependency resoloution at assembly.

By moving the Context entries to the ServiceManager, then if a particular
container didn't expose a required value, one could adopt a it to support
the missing entries that components are looking for, by assembly
declarations.

Niclas