avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE-RESULT] Aaron Farr as a committer on Avalon
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:08:23 GMT

Thank you!

I am extremely excited about this opportunity.  It's been quite a week
trying to patiently wait for the voting process to complete.  I have always
been very impressed with the Avalon project and it's an honor to join such a
great team of developers.

Some of the areas I hope to initially contribute to include:
  - Updating and adding to Avalon documentation
  - Fortress environment subprojects (servlet and cli)
  - Assist with Merlin release

I'm also interested in the recent discussions on the Context, Container
Extensions and paving the road for A5.  As soon as I install Visual Studio
and get to learn C#, I'll be looking into the CSFramework as well.

As for my background, I'm currently a J2EE developer at Sony Electronics
located in Pittsburgh, PA, USA.  I've been with Sony approximately two and a
half years.  I'm also finishing an undergraduate degree (done this December
I hope) in Scientific Computing.  In general I've lived in and around
Pittsburgh most of my life excluding two year I spent in Taiwan (I'm fluent
in Mandarin as well).  I find that I'm more interested in building
frameworks and tools than actual applications and I really don't mind
writing up good end user documentation.

In terms of open source development, I'm also involved in PhoenixJMS (a JMS
server for Avalon) and the JavaLobby Community Platform (jlcp.org) -- a
struts based portal system similar to the PHPNuke clones.  And I've
contributed small bug patches and documentation to a number of other
projects both in and out of Apache.

If you're really all that interested in me, you can check out my randomly
updated blog at:

http://jadetower.org/muses/blog/

I look forward to working with everyone!

Thank you again!
jaaron