avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <holive...@cimcorp.com.br>
Subject Re: What are .NET capabilities?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:55:41 GMT
Chris Geer's post named "CSFramework & CSContainer Thoughts..." has a core
list of differences.

AFAIK there is no JMX-like solution for .Net and a MMC Snap in is not easy
do develop (even in C++/ATL). There is a framework
(http://www.ironringsoftware.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?PageId=19) that
implements a bridge between .Net and "legacy" COM interfaces to create MMC
Snap ins in a easy way. Management of local or remote containers should be
easy implemented using remoting architecture.

> What management functions/instrumentation options does .NET provide?  For
> example, can we plug in to the Microsoft Management Console?
>
> What other .NET goodies would apply?

The things that I think should be considered are:
- Configurations
- Security
- Remoting

I'm sure I forgot something.