avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: exCornerstone components.
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:48:24 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> I think you worry too much.

probably :D. It is better to worry up front than complain in retrospect!

> There would be no use of the word Pico in the codebase of
> exCornerstone.

ah, I renamed half of my bad example to ***Bean already:

ConnectionManagerBean extends DefaultConnectionManager
{
     public ConnectionManagerBean( /* ... stuff goes here ... */ )
     {
	super();
         /** ... stuff goes here ... */
     }
}

there would be the need for an added constructor in either an existing
class or a new class, right? And that constructor would need to be
changed whenever a dependency is added, right?

> I don't think you need to worry about Avalon users using the constructor directly.

my thought was about people that use neither pico nor avalon but just
need a reusable bean. One of the good things about pico is that you're
also making that a real possibility, innit?

> Pico users will have to just accept that there might be changes.

that's a bit of a policy change for how we currently try to do things
:D. Not saying that's neccessarily a bad thing here.

anyways, no -1 here, but no +1 yet either.

gotta run!

- LSD