avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The Next Big Component Architecture
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:26:20 GMT
Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>> language mixing sucks: embedding markup language or scripting language
>>     inside inside programming language quickly becomes unreadable.
>>     Parsers or templating technologies make life easier.
>
> I agree emphatically with this statement and want to remark that Avalon
> provides zero support for templating (an alternative term would be
> declarative notions). Not even cutting-edge technologies like Cocoon
> have a clean and simple solution.

Taking that a little further, the java world as a whole has bad support
for templating. It's a difficult thing to get right, apparently.

Do you think avalon should provide declarative-style stuff? Why? How?

often at least one solution becomes obvious immediately after finding
the problem, but not here :D

- Leo