avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] cornerstone roadmap
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:43:58 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>> The structure I've put in place (and recommend) is to place the impl
>>> and apis into seperate subprojects of a common group.
 >>
 >> How important is it we consistently pick the same way?
>
> Very important.

in that case we need a decision...I think seperate subprojects is an
ugly setup to work around maven limitations regarding source directory
structure (a limitation that is planned to go away). I think a
workaround with a little more scripting to allow the conceptually
cleaner setup like in the avalon/ repo is nicer.

I am, however, not feeling like doing the work to change things that
have just been set up yet again :/

---

>> releases built and deployed. To keep docs from appearing, just change
>> buildsystem/maven.xml to have "dist" as the default goal (or something
>> like that) instead of "avalon:info". But that is a bad idea.
>
> More common than "dist" would to build and run tests.  I would have
> "test" as the default target, and distributions get built later.

you can also have 'jar:jar' as the default target, which builds the jar
and runs the tests. Unfortunately, it doesn't generate test reports; for
that you need the 'maven-junitreport-plugin:report' goal IIRC.

- LSD