avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] WriteProtectable/ReadOnly interfaces
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:47:48 GMT
Anton Tagunov wrote:
> LS> The ReadOnly interface messes up the contracts for absolutely no
> LS> benefit.
> Agreed. Just my lack of experience! :-)

you are experiencing the steep IoC/SoC learning curve that is the most
difficult part of avalon, and the biggest gain to your software when
done right!

It's not just lack of experience, this whole thing is also rather
difficult to capture in a nice way in documentation. If, while building
up your experience, you figure out a way to explain things in a better
way, this is one of the main challenges surrounding avalon-framework :D

In the meantime, I'm just placing my bets on Berin's book ;)

- LSD