avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Phoenix and Spice tools
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:20:26 GMT
I have nothing against using the Spice tools, however with the person
who did the initial integration no longer able to maintain Phoenix,
we have a decision to make.

Do we want to continue to track the Spice tools for classman et. al.
or do we want to back out that integration and explore other ways of
doing it.

The thing is that Phoenix failed GUMP due to API changes in Spice
ClassMan at this time.  We have no real control over the rate of
change for this or any other Spice library.  If we don't mind keeping
up with those changes, then let's do it.

Otherwise, lets cut our losses and choose libraries with stable APIs.