avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Phoenix] Tool Support
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:04:14 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking about some tool support for creation of custom servers.
>
> One of the intended features is that the IDE tool can juggle Blocks available,
> but one of the things that struck me was;
>
> How does the Tool know what config.xml each block is expecting??
>

> Anyone have any thoughts about this?

If you are talking about plugin development, then there are some things
you can do, but your plugin will always be container specific.  You have
to operate based on the rules that the container uses.

For Phoenix based apps, you have to tell the plugin where the
assembly.xml file is (perhaps you are aditing this doc with the
plugin), and where the config.xml file is.  Phoenix has certain
rules for how these two files interact.  That way you can have that
mapping as you would expect.