avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject building excalibur using maven (was: Re: cvs commit: maven.xml project.properties project.xml)
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 19:44:09 GMT
Hi gang!

the below is also up on the wiki @

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonExcaliburBuildRefactoring

= Converting excalibur to maven =

I'm making reasonable progress (lack of docs really is the major thing
slowing me down, but the maven plugins contain plenty examples). Just
about everything is starting to work like it should. Try 'maven
excalibur:info' inside the avalon-excalibur directory for details.

Now is the time for feature requests if you have any besides those
documented :D

What I need now is people to help with writing maven POMs. Here's how:

== How to Convert components to build with maven ==

# to cvs
cd ~/cvs/avalon-excalibur

# seed new project
maven excalibur:seed -Dcomponent.dir=event \
	-Dcomponent.name=Event -Dcomponent.id=excalibur-event

cd event

# add <dependencies/> to project.xml; figure out this
# information from the classpaths defined in build.xml
# and/or the gump descriptors. Figure out <id/> and
# <version/> by browsing www.apache.org/dist/avalon/
emacs project.xml

# build jar, run tests, make sure things work
maven java:jar

# customize maven.xml to build 'special' stuff
emacs maven.xml

cvs add maven.xml project.properties project.xml
cvs commit -m 'maven buildfiles' maven.xml project.properties \
	project.xml

== Things To Do ==

- get the maven-forrest-plugin into cvs and all fixed up (see
forrest-dev for info)

- add maven.xml, project.xml, project.properties for all components as
described above

- perform some more tests on the 'excalibur:deploy' target and then make
it talk to the 'live' repo

cheers!

- Leo