avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] bug ? in default config of an implicit component
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:48:07 GMT

Kristian:

Thanks for the feedback on this.  The actual problem you identified in
in the implict profile builder (now corrected).  It was creating a new
configuration instance instead of pulling the configuration from the
supplied type.

Here is the new trace from you test case:

[INFO   ] (nested.poller.test): my-configuration
[INFO   ] (nested.poller):
org.apache.avalon.merlin.test.HelloComponent@3ca754
[INFO   ] (nested): container initialization: nested

Cheers, Steve.

kristian meier wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> still running in problems with my nested containers. attached you will
> find a testcase which fails. and a hack which solves the problem,
> but it is a hack. should be done cleaner.
>
> the point is that an implecit compoenent from a jar file carries its
> default configuration in its type, but when the DefaultDeploymentService
> goes through the lifecycle, it uses the default configuration from
> appliance-context.
>
> if the component is declared in the block.xml without configuration,
> the correct default configuration from its type is used, but not if the
> component is not declared in the block.xml.
>
> I hope the hack is not too far away from a patch.
>
> with best wishes
> Kristian
>
> PS
> you need to adjust the path within the engine-tag of the
> tmp/conf/block.xml

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net