avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using ant to launch Phoenix or Merlin
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:12:06 GMT

Alexis Agahi wrote:

>On Saturday 28 June 2003 22:51, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>>We could use an ant build xml file to launch application.
>>>something like :
>>>

>>What about launching an instance of a kernel (using ant or a command
>>line) using a particular port, and then communicating with the kernel
>>using a JMX client on the assigned port?
>>

>Yep, that's the idee.
>And also use jmx to stop the kernel (same process).

Exactly.

(and we can also use this to move towards greater seperation of the
source of the deployment scenario from the componet implementation).

>PS: current merlin unix shells are not working so this we could try something
>;)

I'm running NT4 - so someone else needs to take care of this.  The
merlin.bat file works well so its a good example of what is needed.
 From memory the unix scripts have a lot of unnecessary stuff in them.

Steve.

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org