avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] container extensions
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:09:48 GMT
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> [...]

What kind of extensions are we talking about?  From your doc, I can see

* Management Extensions
* Directory Extensions
* Container Components

Management extensions would include certain things like JMX support and
Instrumentation support.

Directory extensions would include JNDI integration, context value
customization, etc.

Container Components include privileged code that runs in the container
space.  Perhaps a shutdown component, or something else along those lines.

Is there anything else?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin