avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Woon <morph...@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Excalibur logging configuration
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:29:09 GMT
Hi all...

Is there any good documentation on the format for logkit.xml?  I see a
couple examples scattered about, but no DTD or anything.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to have a category with multiple
targets on different log-levels.  For example, I have console and a file
target for the "roles" category.  I would like all debug messages to go
to the logfile and error messages to go to the console.  I've tried
doing it a couple different ways:

<category name="system" log-level="DEBUG">
  <log-target id-ref="avalonLogfile"/>

  <category name="roles" log-level="DEBUG">
    <!-- can't seem to set log-level on target -->
    <log-target id-ref="console" log-level="ERROR"/>
    <log-target id-ref="avalonLogfile"/>
  </category>

  <!-- lower log-levels don't get sent to parent category -->
  <category name="components" log-level="ERROR">
    <log-target id-ref="console"/>
  </category>
</category>

Any ideas on how I may be able to get this working?  Is this even possible?

Thanks,
-Mark