avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apologies for the repetition of mails
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:02:44 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I didn't want to have to install it on my computer, as you know how
> "well" Java behaves with memory, so I went with PostCast Server
> http://www.postcastserver.com/ that was a native app. "Was", because
> I'm not using it anynore now :-PPPPostcast
>
> I'm now using my ISP as a relay, but it's so slooow at accepting
> mails, so eventually I'll use James too :-)

I also tried using James at first , but due to memory etc, switched over
to a
native mail server.  That was quite a while ago and I have been meaning to
take another look at James.

But anyway,  I am using a program called XMail for my main mail server.
And also running an instance on my notebook so I am able to send emails
from where ever I happen to be connected.  It is very lightweight and so far
has been very well behaved for everything I have used it for.  Might want to
take a look.
http://www.xmailserver.org/

Cheers,
Leif