avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven/Gump Question about special changes to build
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:42:25 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> If I add a pre/post goal (as I needed to for Fortress Tools) will that
> be accessible via the GUMP build script, or will I need to alter the
> build script?
>
> I guess another question is how do we share files between two
> directories?  If I created a symlink for the files that are
> required for both Fortress/Tools and Fortress/Container would
> that ensure updates to the file work with both directories?
>
> If so, I can get rid of the pre/post goals.

Well, I checked it out using IDEA.  The advantage of the new Maven
integration is this:

1) IDEA can use the GUMP build scripts directly as long as you
    check the "Include Project ClassPath" checkbox in the ANT
    properties.  This allows us to verify the GUMP integration
    build without GUMP!

2) Even the Pre/Post goals that are in your project's "maven.xml"
    file will be respected.  Excellent!

The symlink solution is still a question in my mind.  I am not
crazy about it, but I am also not crazy about copying source
files from one Maven repo (i.e. Fortress/Container) to another's
src/java directory.  I tried to do it in the target/src directory,
but Maven doesn't respect that.