avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject fortress .roles file doc?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:52:33 GMT
Does someone have any documentation somewhere about the possibilities of
Fortress .roles file?
So far I know this much about it... sample:
<fortress-roles logger="system.roles">
    <role name="net.sf.hibernate.avalon.HibernateService">
        <component shorthand="hibernate"
class="net.sf.hibernate.avalon.HibernateServiceImpl"
handler="org.apache.avalon.fortress.impl.handler.ThreadSafeComponentHandler"/>
        <!-- other component declarations, later you can access these
with /shorthand suffix -->
    </role>
    <!-- other role declarations -->
</fortress-roles>

I'm especially interested in the possibility to override the factory
used for creating the component instances... any way to achieve that?

Rgds,
Neeme