avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: face to face :)
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 03:34:37 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Interesting.  Most, fortunately not all, of what I know of Japan comes from
>only a few sources:

Here is one of my favorite sources on Japan.  You may have to live here to
be able to fully enjoy the humor of their creativity with the English
language. :-)
http://www.engrish.com

Going on 8 years, it has been a fun country to live in.  The people are
great.
I just have to get on top of my Kanji though.  It would be a shame if my
daughter passes me up in her reading skills....

>  - members of the Minolta mailing list talking about shopping
>  - Iron Chef
>  - Anime
>  - a friend who travels there for work
>  - having once had business dealings with Kanematsu Gosho
>
>In no particular order.
>
>I'm still trying to understand produce prices ... HOW MUCH for a peach?!?!?!

It depends, they go for $5-6 for 4.  Which like all produce prices sounds
insanely expensive.  But you will not eat a peach this good in the states.
Friends and family who come over from the states are always impressed
at the produce quality over here.  The peaches are each wrapped in little
bags almost immediately after they are pollinated.  Same goes for meat.
(The quality, not the little bags :-) The prices are insane.  But dem some
good eats..

Cheers,
Leif