avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Going going gone!
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:22:08 GMT
Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
>

>> For those who are concerned that support for Phoenix will disappear
>> dont worry. At this stage we are planning on continuing development
>> elsewhere so you will not be left high and dry. More details will
>> follow when things are more concrete.
>

> So Phoenix will go out of Avalon, but retain the Apache license? Or will
> it get a new license? Or will there be a fork and users have to decide
> which branch to use?

Whatever Peter does will be a fork.  He cannot call it Phoenix.  He must
always proclaim that it is based on Apache Avalon Phoenix--Even if over
time the source code changes completely.  That is the price of the fork.
Unfortunately we cannot prevent him from forking.

We can assure you that the Avalon team will continue to support Phoenix
for the long term.  If there is a feature that you want in there, please
tell us.  We will be more than happy to get that in there.

> Sad to see you go,

We all are--especially under these circumstances.