avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Fortress] Minimizing stack traces on startup.
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:07:32 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> You might want to wait until Event is released again.  I don't know
> how much of a stickler your clients are for using unreleased code.

What they don't know....  Customers usually accept applications as a
whole and don't tend to dig into the code, which is what the jars are as
far as they are concerned.

Actually I tend to keep tested jars in the CVS repositories of various
projects.  I then attempt upgrades to newest code while maintaining the
ability to fall back to a version that is known to work correctly.  This has
usually worked out well because Avalon code is in general quite high in
quality with lots of tests for most of the code.

Cheers,
Leif