avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] maven plugin patch
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 02:11:49 GMT

Aaron Farr wrote:
 > Perhaps I'm mistaken, but shouldn't the meta-info XML
 > files generated = by the merlin maven plugin end up in
 > the jar file created by maven? Currently = the meta-info
 > files end up in target/src. If we want them in the
 > resulting = jar file, they need to end up in target/classes.

The jar file generated by maven is based on the content declared
under the path "maven.compile.src.set". So including target/src
into the maven path ensures that the meta-info is included.

 > The attached patch = includes the necessary changes if this
 > is how it should work. (If it's not = supposed to work this
 > way, anyone want to explain why?)

Have applied the patch you provided and validated generation
and jar construction.  Basically its a simpler solution to what
I had in place!

Cheers, Steve.

p.s. I've also added a merlin:install goal which basically is
invokes jar:install then copies the target to the Merlin
repository (handy if you testing block deployment).

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

http://avalon.apache.org/sandbox/merlin