avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] split sources into src/api and src/impl
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 04:37:00 GMT
On Friday 13 June 2003 04:44, Leo Simons wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 June 2003 12:32 pm, Leo Simons wrote:
> >>I think this is a good idea as it enforces clean seperation in a logical
> >>way
> >
> > In a true Avalon spirit of SoC.
> >
> > Could I add, to have a 3rd directory/jar,
> > avalon-framework-compat-${v}.jar, where you stuff all the deprecated
> > classes?
>
> yeah, go ahead, add all you want! (well, if it makes sense)
>
> of course, a compat jar only makes sense once you actually have a few
> deprecated classes and interfaces.

There is the o.a.a.framework.component package plus Loggable, AbtractLoggable
and more.

Point is; Preparing for handling the deprecation, so that the deprecated stuff
can be taken out of the documentation, maybe even the default build, and a
separate document describing "Migration from ver 3" (or whenever it was
deprecated), "Drop the avalong-framework-compat.jar into..."

Niclas