avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Phoenix] Tool Support
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:21:05 GMT
On Monday 09 June 2003 07:04 am, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > How does the Tool know what config.xml each block is expecting??

> If you are talking about plugin development, then there are some things
> you can do, but your plugin will always be container specific.  You have
> to operate based on the rules that the container uses.

Yes, I am talking about 'container specific', in a matter of fact, I thought
it was clear from the Subject line ;o)

> For Phoenix based apps, you have to tell the plugin where the
> assembly.xml file is (perhaps you are aditing this doc with the
> plugin), and where the config.xml file is.  Phoenix has certain
> rules for how these two files interact.  That way you can have that
> mapping as you would expect.

Perhaps I am an idiot, and don't get your point, BUT my point is that the tool
creates SARs from a repository of blocks, and hence are the _creator_ of the
config, assembly and environment files. Meaning, it would need some kind of
schema or template, especially for config.xml.

Niclas