avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: dev@avalon.apache.org attachment configuration request
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:48:22 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Leo Simons wrote:
> Avalon would like to be able to send/receive attachments on
> dev@avalon.apache.org. At the moment just about everything
> is blocked. AIUI from recent talks here wrt to the log4j list(s),
> behaviour is quite configurable, and that it is easiest to just allow
> all mimetypes through.

That should now be the case.  The previous behavior was to simply remove
attachments from messages, but still send them through.  Now, attachments
will not be removed.  There is still a 100K maximum size on emails,
though.

> Our only concern is still making sure that viruses do not get
> through. Not knowing exactly how (if any) antivirus tools are
> set up, I guess I should just leave it up to you to decide how
> to make sure that doesn't happen :D

There are no real antivirus tools used.  My hacky "spamwatch" script
captures a pattern used by the Sircam virus and its relatives, which is
currently blocking around a thousand messages a day on apache.org.  If you
get other viruses on the list, send me a full pristine copy of the message
and I'll see if I can add another pattern.

	Brian