avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Tagunov <atagu...@mail.cnt.ru>
Subject Cool! Will this allow us to have DefaultConfigurationBuilder.build( Source ) ?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 03:10:23 GMT
Hello Leo!

LS> These result in seperate
LS> avalon-framework-${v}-api.jar and
LS> avalon-framework-${v}-impl.jar

Looks that this may potentially tear
a path to some cool things, like
it would be nice to have

    DefaultConfigurationBuilder.build( Source )

where Source comes from excalibur-sourceresolve
it wasn't possible to build this before but in
future especially if maven will rule the world
here it seems that it won't be a problem to
have a dependency chain

   framework-impl -> sourceresolve -> framework-api
                  ------------------> framework-api

will it?

- Anton

P.S.

The reason to want the mentioned method is that
currently we have to do

Source src = ...;
DefaultConfigurationBuilder.build(
      src.getInputStream(), src.getURI() )

and if we forget the src.getURI() or we're just new
to avalon and did not guess we were supposed to do
this then we'll get "nice" results from
Configuration.getLocation()
like "null:27:-1" :-)