avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <jaaronf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [merlin] JNDI, Engines, and other fun
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:47:38 GMT
On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 18:24, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Done.
> merlin/merlin-extensions/merlin-jndi-new

Thanks!  I'll start digging into it tomorrow.

> I've been playing around with the incorporation of an internal engine
> inside the Merlin Kernel with objective of using this to establish
> optional container services.  This is similar to the Phoenix approach of
> configured components but gopes the step further of enabling full
> components inside the container.  Natuarally there are a couple of
> bootstraping issues, but I'm confident that this is the way to go
> forward.  Using this approach things like JNDI or JMX management become
> plugin components into the container.
>
> E.g. what I have in mind ....
>
>   <kernel>
>
>     <implementation>
>
>       <classloader>
>         <classpath>
>           <!--
>            additional jar to loaded into the container
>            private classloader go here
>           -->
>         </classpath>
>       </classloader>
>
>       <component name="jmx"
>         class="org.apache.avalon.merlin.jmx.RMIServerAdapter">
>         <configuration>
>           <!-- stuff -->
>         </configuration>
>       </componet>
>
>       <component name="jndi"
>         class="org.apache.avalon.merlin.jmx.JNDIAdapter">
>         <configuration>
>           <!-- stuff -->
>         </configuration>
>       </componet>
>
>     </implementation>
>
>   </kernel>

Yes.  This is more along the lines of what I was thinking of.  I just
hope that these 'adaptors' can be written in a way that would be easy to
plug into fortress or phoenix.

> >>I would love to take a look at this!
> >>
> >I'll put it up on my server tonight.

It's up there now.  See my other email on phoenixjms.

--
  jaaron    <http://jadetower.org>