avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: fortress .roles file doc?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:29:41 GMT

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Neeme Praks [mailto:neeme@apache.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 7:16 AM
> To: Avalon Developers List
> Subject: Re: fortress .roles file doc?
>
> No ideas/suggestions about this?
>
> Neeme Praks wrote:
[snip]

I'm a little confused.  Are you trying to write an EJB wrapper for fortress?

>From your code example:

>    public Object invoke(String role, String methodName, Class[]
> argumentTypes, Object[] argumentValues) throws Exception {

That looks like a wrapper to me.

This has been discussed before [1] and you may want to search the mailing
list archives [2].  However, unless you _have_ to use EJB, you might want to
consider some other alternatives, such as straight JNDI lookup of the
Fortress Container or use AltRMI (or EOB) for remote beans.  Some options
for service exporting can be found in the wiki [3] but it's not very
complete yet.

jaaron

[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-users
[3] http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonObjectBrokering