avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject [merlin] block assembly requirements
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:03:22 GMT

Hello,

In the merlin block.xml file, you describe a component as follows:

     <component name="test1" class="tutorial.TestComponent"
activation="startup">
       <configuration>
         <source>configuration from block directive</source>
       </configuration>
     </component>

Why is the "class" attribute required?

With the xinfo files available, shouldn't it be possible to just specify a
name and version and then the container finds the class from the meta-info?
Granted, I don't know merlin internals very well yet, but it seems possible
to me.

Also, seems like it should be possible to generate a basic block.xml file
from a maven project.xml file.  I'm going to look into it, just wondering if
anyone else has already started on this idea.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653