avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Mail SPAM Problem Re: [PMC:Vote] Rename Avalon-Cornerstone
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:37:35 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@main.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Leo Simons
>
> Yes, other people have the problem too (though not me for
> some reason).

The university maybe has some kind of spam filter active. Getting
1000+ messages with the same subject and same content to one person
will probably trigger it in that case.

> It's being investigated.

It's solved. Brian at collab.net deleted a couple of thousand messages
in the queue, and as soon as Nicola manages to go through the therapy
sessions he'll need after a traumatizing event such as this he'll
probably
(a) switch mail program and (b) tell us what happened.

/LS

(I got 1200 messages, BTW, in case anyone is compiling statistics.)