avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [PROPOSAL] follow apache mirror layout convention]
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 08:19:37 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I've quickly looked at the proposal, and it's the same proposal as my
> last mail on repository@apache.org, which is the same as Costin's.
>
> Is it correct?

yes (as I wrote :D).

> The next thing I would like to see is the use of the mirroring script as
> an entry point for the repository.
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer-auto.cgi  could do like
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi but instead directly point to the
> mirror.

this can be done independently of any restructuring; just modify the
scripts we have in the site module which berin put in.

> Also the use of md5s as Maven does or that it verifiues the integrity of
> the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main
> distribution directory.

we already have *.asc and *.md5 for most releases (phoenix doesn't have
them at all; framework only has .asc; old excalibur has *.sig); have a
browse around /dist. Berin has standardised on *.asc + *.md5 on new
releases.

this will stay the same.

cheers!

- Leo