avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: about cornerstone
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 14:06:47 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> This should work fine now - can you confirm?

yep - works fine now! but I would post excalibur-threads-1.1.1.jar to
maven list to be on ibiblio.org until an avalon repository is set up.

> Based on the feedback (sort of mixed - I've reverted from service/block
> to api/impl).  Main reason is that the service/block makes sense
> historically but does not make sense in terms of a general model.
> Secondly, api/impl is more generally understood and does not presupposes
> knowledge concerning terms such as "block".

ok - yes a block is kind of avalon specific.

also threads/block/src/conf/BLOCK-INF/block.xml is still in source tree.
I would guess is it a duplicate of threads/impl/src/conf/block.xml and
is not needed.

> In the meantime I've been playing around with jelly to get a better idea
> of how we can minimize and/or eliminate custom content in the
> maven.xml.  More on that subject when I get to something commitable.

seems quite minimal - what did you aim to minimise?

Cheers, Mauro