avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about cornerstone
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 18:49:11 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Mauro Talevi wrote:
>
>> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>>
>>> Historically a single cornerstone.jar file has been used in projects
>>> like James. More recently a set of component-centric build
>>> definitions have been put in place enabling the creation of specific
>>> jar files per component (driven mainly by James requirements).
>>
>> I think that is a good idea - and especially if one uses some
>> centralised jar repository - maven or similar - one can pick and choose
>> the ones that are needed.
>
> I think that very rapidly we will need to put in place an Avalon
> repository against which we can link jar files from our release
> processes, and, resolve Avalon specific plugin dependencies
> independently of the ibiblio repository (meta info generation as one
> example of domain specific plugin requirements).

One thing I am willing to help with is publishing any artifacts of gump
builds... here are a few examples:

http://gump.covalent.net/jars/2003-05-02/avalon-cornerstone/
http://gump.covalent.net/jars/2003-05-02/avalon-excalibur/
http://gump.covalent.net/jars/2003-05-02/avalon-logkit/
http://gump.covalent.net/jars/2003-05-02/avalon-phoenix/
http://gump.covalent.net/jars/2003-05-02/avalon-sandbox/
http://gump.covalent.net/jars/2003-05-02/avalon/

These jars are known to be consistent with each other (i.e., they were
compiled against the same versions of their common dependencies and
against each other).  The outputs of the builds and unit tests are
published.

- Sam Ruby