avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Future Direction for Avalon
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 00:38:50 GMT

> Today Excalibur is largely utilities. Cornerstone is exclusively
> components.

> I prefer the Excalibur == utility implementations and
> Cornerstone == component delivery.

I consider that to be a fairly significant distinction, too.  Reusable
components/services that follow that are containable vs utility classes.
Berin does not seem to be saying that they are going to be part of the same
package.  Nicola Ken made a similar merger back in November.  I am not sure
why, but since it comes up often, I'm interested to understand why.  Perhaps
it is the idea of cutting the number of perceived sub-projects in favor of
fewer, larger ones.

	--- Noel