avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future Direction for Avalon
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 02:25:21 GMT
On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 08:49  PM, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Today, Merlin is leading the pack in terms of delving containment
> without API lock-in. The user community has already expressed
> engagement, the development community will follow.

Can we keep the marketing to a minimum? Phoenix can also host
components without API lock-in. You must understand the boundaries of
the container, but with respect of those boundaries an application is
portable; witness James.

But I believe that is a very important aspect of a/the future
containers. Existing applications and components should work without
modification.

I'm curious as to how many are watching Plexus? Jason's goal was to
support arbitrary component lifecycles, which is one of the design
goals Berin outlined..
-pete