avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Unified project for Avalon Tools
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 12:41:18 GMT
On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 04:43  AM, Peter Donald wrote:
> The Phoenix tools jar depends on internal representations in Phoenix
> and a lot
> more metadata and validation tools. It is also scheduled for a complete
> rewrite (either for 4.1 or maybe 4.2 can't access jira atm) so no use
> in
> moving it now.

Would you be talking about
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=PNIX-14 ,

"When MetaClass matures, stabilizes and has good coverage for all it's
unit tests we should migrate to it for our native metadata format.
Internally we can use MetaClass to represent the information but it can
be loaded from multiple sources - even aggregated from several sources.
ie MXInfo + BlockInfo can be aggregated into a single MetaClass
instance for legacy support."

?

I did a quick scan through jira and nothing jumped out as me as
rewrite, but there were several items relating to the metadata..
-pete