avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Fortress] DataSource / Server components
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 19:00:54 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>Leif Mortenson wrote:
>

>>Berlin,
>>

>(Berin)

I knew that.  Sorry its late :-)

>>I was wondering if you have any ideas on this. My application defines a
>>component which encapsulates an HSQLDB server. Then another
>>ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource components is configured to connect to
>>the interval HSQL component:

<snip>

Ok, I think that  I understand the issues.  I am just worried about the rare
timing problem where the HSQL server is not yet up when the rl-jdbc
component tries to open a connection to it.  I don't really like the idea
of subclassing ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource with a component that
creates the dependency either.  But that seems like the safest option.

Thanks,
Leif