avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject [Fortress] DirectedAcyclicGraphVerifier fixed.
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 18:00:36 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>Leif Mortenson wrote:
>

>>The DirectedAcyclicGraphVerifierTestCase is currently failing, I am working
>>on fixing it. Just so nobody else attacks it at the same time. Hopefully
>>will have a commit in a couple hours.
>>

>Fixed.

Thanks, but that was a hint to hold off as I was just testing a larger
fix before
committing it. :-)

Many of the problems I have been having the last few days turned out to be
caused by problems with the way the DirectedAcyclicGraphVerifier was
testing for loops in the dependency graph.

I fixed some problems with the construction of the vertices list in
AbstractContainer and modified the graph code so that it is now possible
to display an error message like the following when a cyclic graph is
detected:

Component1 -> Component2 -> Component3 -> Component2

The container also displays the order in which the components will be
initialized and then shutdown when debug output is enabled.  This should
make it easier for users to understand the dependencies of their
application.

So far, everything seems to now be working and I am now able to get my
application up and running.

Cheers,
Leif