avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] #9
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 18:47:56 GMT
Anton Tagunov wrote:
> Hello Berin!
> Hello Developers!
>
> Uff.. This patch really does several things.

<snip/>

I did not apply all of this patch, because there are some things
about it I don't completely agree with.  Please review the comments
I posted in another mail (which seems to be taking a long time to
get to the list--unless I sent it directly to you for some reason).

Essentially the differences lie here:

Using ServiceManager, not ContextManager to access container services.
That means container services are the things you wanted to grab out
of the context object.

Using a private source resolver.  If the provided source resolver is
not good enough for users of Fortress, they can override it when they
extend the AbstractContainer.  The truth is that what we have is good
enough for most users.  There are some early adopters of Fortress where
this would break what they have.

If we need to apply a patch to what we have, it should be done on what
is in CVS now.  That means that Patch #10 needs to be reimplemented.

-----Chris Rock